Thursday, June 9, 2011

My wish.

This week I got to spend time with my beautiful cousins from Louisville, Kentucky. 

Introducing:



 Heidi


 



 Haley
 




 Hannah











We don't get to see the Heisler Family but once a year (less if there's no wedding or graduation) so every moment together is precious. Their parents, my Auntie Joy and Uncle Jarrod have always been an inspiration to Joe and I, both in their marriage and in their parenting. The first time Joe met the Heisler family, we were in college and not yet engaged. When we left their house he turned and said to me "I want our children and our marriage to look exactly like what you see in that home". J+J still in their 30's, and the girls age 8-13, are this beautiful picture of a loving and loyal family. 

I know that as the girls grow up, get busier and life gets harder, we won't be able to see each other as much. I wish I could put together a list of everything I pray and wish for ALL my little cousins, but since I'm a sucker for song lyrics, I'll leave it to Rascal Flatts.

                              I hope you never look back, but you never forget,
                                All the ones who love you, in the place you left,
                               I hope you always forgive, and you never regret,
                                 And you help somebody every chance you get,
                                    Oh, you find God's grace, in every mistake,
                                      And you always give more than you take.
                        But more than anything, yeah, and more than anything,
       My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to.


I love you Hannah, Haley and Heidi, for all that you are and that you will be someday. Thank you for being such great kids. You are part of the reason Joe and I so badly wanted to start a family as soon as God allowed it. We miss you! (And our other little cousins Emily & Jake,  too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment